This is it, here we go! The Board at VetSec, Inc. is super excited to launch VetSecCon 2021! Our third conference will take place Thursday, October 28th through Saturday, October 30th, 2021! We’re 105 days out right now, and there’s a ton of work to do!
New features this year include:
- A Capture the Flag competition for our attendees!
- A Career Fair, where people can receive interview and resume advice (hosted on our conference chat).
- All new conference chat, for attendees to interact and network!
The current cybersecurity workforce gap in the United States is nearly 500,000. The global gap is over 4 million. This gap needs to be filled, and our transitioning military force is a strong group of individuals to do it!
The factors most heavily affecting unemployment among military veterans are:
- The challenge of translating military work experience into civilian terms.
- Certification hurdles including licensing requirements.
- Disabilities such as post-traumatic stress disorder.
Our mission seeks to help marry the veteran unemployment figures to the gap in cybersecurity. Our mentors help our members review and revise their resumes, our donors and sponsors help our members overcome those certification hurdles, and as the ONLY veteran-only non-profit, our members support each other’s mental health in ways only veterans can, calling on professionals to lend a hand when needed as well.
Come, donate, register, speak, and support military veterans. Imagine a world where no veteran pursuing information security goes unemployed. With your help, we can achieve our dreams. Visit https://www.vetseccon.com for more information!